WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We are a charity whose objective is to encourage and support the craft of beekeeping in Pembrokeshire. We have over 140 members throughout the county. Many of these beekeepers are new to beekeeping and have only one or two beehives while others have many years experience which they are willing to share. We are managed by our Committee, listed at the bottom of this page, who set our strategy and ensure that comply with our Rules of Association.
We are are affiliated to the Welsh Beekeepers’ Association and are registered as a charity.
We feel that it is especially important at this time to keep bees and to properly manage them to maximise their chances of survival. Wild populations of honeybees are reducing and even beekeepers are suffering losses of bees. Give your bees the best chance of survival by being informed of good practice.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Membership of Pembrokeshire Beekeepers Association is open to anyone with an interest in Beekeeping. You do not have to keep bees yourself or even live in Pembrokeshire.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- Membership for the whole household of any age and experience of beekeeping.
- Access to experienced beekeepers for advice and assistance.
- Practical meetings to discuss and learn about beekeeping.
- Opportunity to take part in, or simply attend, the Association’s annual Honey Show.
- Up to date information from Pembrokeshire Beekeepers Association and the Welsh Beekeepers Association.
- Discount on Thorne’s catalogue prices for new equipment, via Geoff Bazin our Thornes Agent.
- Opportunity to hire the Association’s honey extractor.
- Access to a library of books and DVDs.
- Product and Public Liability insurance arranged through the WBKA.
- Insurance for replacement cost of frames and foundation destroyed under an Bee Diseases Control Order from a Bee Inspector as a result of confirmation of foul brood disease.
WHEN CAN I JOIN?
Our year runs from the 1st January – but you can join at any time.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Beekeeping membership for 2019 starts at £20.00 (for up to 3 hives) and includes the whole family at the membership address.
HOW TO JOIN? Download and complete the 2019 pbka membership form and send it to Diane Corbett, the Membership Secretary with your payment.
HAVE A QUESTION?
You can contact us to find out more about the Association or to ask a beekeeping related question on the Contact Page.
Hope you decide to join over 140 Pembrokeshire Beekeepers.