WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Pembrokeshire Beekeepers’ Association (PBKA) is a charity, whose objective is to encourage and support the craft of beekeeping in Pembrokeshire. We have over 140 members throughout the county. Many of these beekeepers are new to beekeeping and have only one or two beehives while others have many years experience, which they are willing to share. We are managed by our Committee, who set our strategy and ensure that we comply with our Rules of Association.
We are affiliated to the Welsh Beekeepers’ Association, and registered as a charity (Charity Commission Registration No. 509570).
We feel that it is especially important at this time to keep bees and to properly manage them to maximise their chances of survival. Wild populations of honeybees are reducing and even beekeepers are suffering losses of bees. Give your bees the best chance of survival by being informed of good practice.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Membership of Pembrokeshire Beekeepers’ Association, is open to anyone with an interest in Beekeeping. You do not have to keep bees yourself or even live in Pembrokeshire.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- Membership for the whole household of any age and experience of beekeeping.
- Access to experienced beekeepers for advice and assistance.
- Practical meetings to discuss and learn about beekeeping.
- Opportunity to take part in, or simply attend, the Association’s annual Honey Show.
- Up to date information from Pembrokeshire Beekeepers Association and the Welsh Beekeepers Association.
- Opportunity to hire the Association’s honey extractor.
- Access to a library of books and DVDs.
- Product and Public Liability insurance arranged through the WBKA.
- BDI insurance for replacement cost of frames and foundation destroyed under an Bee Diseases Control Order from a Bee Inspector as a result of confirmation of foul brood disease.
WHEN CAN I JOIN?
Our year runs from the 1st January – but you can join at any time during the year.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- Beekeeping membership for 2023 starts at £25.00 and includes the whole family at the membership address.
- If you wish to become a PBKA Supporter, rather than a full Member, there is a minimum annual fee of £10.
HOW TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP:
Please note that we now have a new on-line membership system, which you can access from
N.B. Some information on the PBKA website is password protected. PBKA members can request the current password by following this link. The password will only be supplied to a current member and to the email address supplied on the membership application.
HAVE A QUESTION?