Please note that the WBKA has followed Government advice and cancelled the 2020 Convention as a measure to assist with slowing the spread of the Coronavirus. The Events Team are working to reimburse those that bought early bird tickets. Planning will now start for the next convention on March 27th 2021.
Would PBKA members note this BIBBA event Helping bees live with Varroa on 24th May, which some of you may find interesting.
There now only a limited number of places available for the one-day classroom based course for the beginner to beekeeping (or as a refresher) on Saturday 21st March 2020, at the Picton Centre in Haverfordwest.
These courses have been very popular over the years, giving many potential beekeepers the confidence to attend practical lessons with Pembrokeshire Beekeepers’ Association, and to keep their own bee hives!
If you want further details, or wish to book, please see the Introductory Beekeeping Course – 2020
Just to remind all PBKA members that the Annual General Meeting is today, Wednesday 22nd January, at Haverfordwest Cricket Club, to commence promptly at 7.30pm.
We hope to see as many PBKA members (and any potential new members) as possible attend and look forward to seeing you there.
Would PBKA members please note, that the PBKA Centenary Honey lunch is on Sunday 17th November at the Wolfscastle Country Hotel, Treffgarne, so if you or your partner etc. wish to attend, please notify Christine Johnson asap of your menu choices and by 9th November at the latest, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PBKA Centenary Lunch Menu
1:00 for 1.30pm Sunday 17thNovember 2019
- Cream of vegetable soup, rustic croutons
- Smoked Caesar salad Smoked chicken breast, croutons
- Squash, spinach risotto Parmesan crisp
- Smoked Salmon & prawn cocktail With Marie rose sauce
- Slow cooked Welsh brisket Yorkshire pudding, red wine gravy
- Corn fed chicken breast Lemon & thyme stuffing, gravy
- Confit lamb shoulder Rosemary & orange stuffing, gravy
- Roast loin of pork Sage & onion stuffing, gravy
- Herb crusted cod White wine sauce, king prawns
- Wild mushroom wellington Vegetarian gravy
- Sticky toffee pudding Butterscotch, vanilla ice-cream
- Triple chocolate brownie Raspberry Sorbet
- Baileys cheesecake, chocolate sauce, ginger biscotti
- Apple & mixed berry crumble Custard
3 courses £19.50
2 courses £15.50
Would PBKA members please note that there will be no apiary meeting at Scolton on Sunday 5th August, due to the ‘Paws in the Park’ event and we will be hosting a honey extracting demonstration instead. The next meeting will be on Sunday 19th August.